Gresham Elder Law Attorney Kristianne Cox

•         What can you do when your ailing spouse’s or other adult relative’s care needs are exhausting you physically, emotionally and mentally?

•         If you believe that it is time for your ailing spouse or other adult relative to move into a long-term care community (such as assisted living, an adult foster care home, or memory care), can the Medicaid (not Medicare) program help pay for the cost of that long-term care community?

•         What legal steps can you take when you realize that your aging parent is no longer able to adequately care for himself or herself? 

•         What legal steps can you take when your formerly conscientious parent is letting bills go unpaid, or worse, may have become the target of a financial predator?

Family members can make better decisions about these and other difficult questions if they educate themselves first.  Links to a few helpful sites can be reached by clicking on “LINKS TO USEFUL RESOURCES” at the top of this page in the dark blue bar.

If you would like to schedule a brief (up to 15 minutes) telephone conversation with attorney Kristianne Cox at no charge, or if you would like to schedule an office consultation (hourly attorney rates apply) with her, please call Ms. Cox or send her an email.